Dec. 19, 2017
the only sugar cookie recipe you need this holiday season
One dessert that there’s always room for during the holiday season are sugar cookies. Simple to make and sweeter to eat, this recipe is perfect for any festive function.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cookie cutters
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and orange juice until combined. Slowly add the flour and the baking powder until mixed.
- Split dough into thirds, wrapping in plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once the dough is firm, roll out onto a floured surface. Using cookie cutters, cut out the cookies into desired shapes at ?-inch thickness, and place on baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until slightly brown on the edges.